- An Evening With: Experiential Art Education
- Archive_Past Yoga Teacher Training
- OCTOBER 12 + 13, 2019: Teaching Trauma Sensitive Yoga
OCTOBER 12 + 13, 2019: Teaching Trauma Sensitive Yoga
Training to teach yoga to trauma sensitive practitioners is especially helpful for those working with veterans, survivors of domestic or sexual abuse, and incarcerated populations.
This workshop will be led by Christine Dance Wolf.
About Christine Dance Wolf
Christine Dance Wolf, MSEd/E-RYT 500 and owner of Resilience Yoga, LLC, has been practicing yoga since 2000. In a serendipitous moment early in her career, Christine taught yoga in her classroom at Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore and quickly realized the immense potential yoga has on all bodies and abilities. Since then, Christine has taught children’s and adult yoga in studios, schools, camps, special centers, and more. Christine is a registered 500 hour yoga teacher with certifications and trainings in Yoga for the Special Child, Childlight Yoga, Adaptive Yoga, and Trauma Sensitive Yoga with additional experience in crisis intervention and nervous system regulation. Christine offers trainings to schools, studios, and special centers on the topics of yoga in education, yoga for special needs, yoga for emotional/behavioral regulation, the nervous system, and trauma sensitive yoga, while providing direct and indirect services to a variety of organizations. Christine is passionate about exploring the components of yoga for a variety of physical injuries/special conditions as well as the power of yoga for trauma. She utilizes proven techniques while fostering a safe environment to explore new physical abilities and achieve the impossible. Christine's public classes incorporate unique flows and powerful poses that can be accessed by all bodies. Christine can be reached at for more information.
- If you are a yoga teacher who wishes to earn your 200-hour yoga teacher training certificate, needs continuing education credits, or simply would like to enhance your practice and teaching, please consider joining us for Hari-kirtana das' workshops at the Gilchrist Museum's Wellness Arts Program in Cumberland, Maryland. Yogis seeking to enhance their practice, knowledge, and teaching of all levels are welcome. These are small, intimate workshops limited to 8-10 participants for maximum attention to each. The C. William Gilchrist Museum of the Arts is located at 104 Washington Street, Cumberland, MD.
- Please bring your own mat and yoga accessories. Workshop days are SAT OCT 12 and SUN OCT 13 from10:00 am to 5:00 pm. The $175 fee includes a vegetarian lunch each day of the workshop with gluten-free and vegan options included. Water is available all day.