JULY 20-21: Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Machelle Lee
12 Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Machelle Lee
Yin Yoga utilizes muscularly relaxed poses on the floor that are held for longer periods of time (3-5+ minutes typically) in order to safely and systematically stimulate chemical re-generative responses in tissues, particularly of fascia, ligaments and within joint capsules. Through modest traction and compression, one trains the structural tissues to reduce the process of contracture that shortens tissues and can cause degeneration, adhesions, pain, and decreased range of motion. Yin Yoga's methodical and subtle approach provides lubrication, mobility, and a sense of lightness to the body's structure and energetics and thus to the mind.
This training/personal enrichment program is a valuable in-depth exploration for those who wish to deepen their understanding of the Yin Yoga practice for their own self-care and for teachers wishing to incorporate Yin Yoga wisely and safely into their class offerings.
Topics of exploration include:
- History of Yin Yoga -the influence from Chinese Taoism/traditional Chinese medicine, the Hatha Yoga Pradipika, and the lineage of modern teachers who informed and mentored Paul Grilley and his development of the therapeutic approach he named "Yin Yoga."
- Theory of Yin Yoga - the science and practice of cutting edge research on the function of fascia/connective tissues and how "exercising" structural tissue appropriately, through long held and modest tractions and compressions, fosters a chemical response for tissue health.
- Introductory core concepts of meridian theory, the study of the body's energy system as intertwined with fascia and how the practice of Yin Yoga influences meridians, organ health, and psychological well being.
- Yin Yoga repertoire of asanas and approaches to modify, adjust, and prop Yin Yoga postures in order to safely create practices for each individual.
- This training is ideal for:
- New and experienced yoga teachers who want to expand their teaching knowledge and skills
- Yoga students who are interested in deepening their personal practice and exploring the theory and application of Yin Yoga for self-care
- Physical therapists, massage therapists, acupuncturists or health care practitioners looking to suggest home practices for their clients
Machelle Lee, MA, E-RYT 500, CMT, YACEP, Roots & River Yoga Founder and Instructor
Machelle has 26 years of experience as a yoga teacher, massage therapist, and childbirth educator. She holds a Masters Degree in Mythology and Depth Psychology from Pacifica Graduate Institute and a 300 hour advanced certification in yoga psychology. Machelle leads therapeutic movement through Vinyasa Yoga and Yin Yoga in a way that weaves together yogic teachings with modern scientific research on tissue rehabilitation, traditional medicines, and psychology. This approach to the whole person aids one in feeling and understanding the bodymind connection both somatically and intellectually. Specializing in the health and rehabilitation of fascia, connective tissues, and joints, Machelle is committed to serving students in a way that best fits their unique abilities and anatomic structure. Machelle combines storytelling, archetypes, poetry, anatomy, neuroscience, psychology, and Five Element Meridian Theory across a variety of yoga styles in a way that is always aimed at facilitating a creative and grounded approach to self-development for each participant.
Machelle Lee E-RYT 500, MA, CMT
Roots & River Yoga Founder and Instructor